Saturday, March 12, 2011

Many things...some new, some not.

I am not sure if going to bed is worth it. Sleep in any amount or form is beneficial to the body.
Getting up at 5am to feed hungry people is worthwhile...until 5pm, when it seems like perhaps it was not a good idea after all.
I wonder how it is that I plan so carefully and yet all things seem to culminate on the same weekend...sunrise breakfast for 25, brunch for eight including important pastor person, training, teaching, selling pizzas, drama rehearsal, playing with junior highs, Sunday dinner for 10 or so, lovely young people...all worthy in themselves as activities, but together...rather tiring. I always feel a good tired at the end of the weekend...
And work on Monday seems a good place to nap while staring at a computer screen.
I feel joy in the doing...at the expense of the effort it takes. An admirable if not exhausting trade off...

2 comments:

  1. Let me guess. Your love language is "Acts of Service."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually no...my love language is words of affirmation...all the things I do give me an opportunity to love on others that way.

    ReplyDelete