Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 14

Three ways you feel the love of God
You're kidding me right? There are few things I know for certain in this world and the one I am most assured of, that I know beyond my own capability of understanding, is that God loves me. I could find a hundred ways in a minute to tell you of that love, but I'll pick three that I felt today.

1. His word is a constant balm to my soul, soothing daily, wiping away fear and sorrow, giving encouragement. Today I made a decision to follow His Spirit's prompting and in the middle of revealing it to a pertinant other I was told my decision was an answer to prayer. Romans 8:28 has come across my path a number of times today...not from in my head but outside sources...'All things work together for the good of those who love him and are called to his purpose.' It was His reminder that He is in the midst of my decision and will work it out...once again soothing, calming, enlightening. His Word shows He loves me.

2. He lets me do what I love, or love what I do...I am not sure which came first, the doing or the loving but it hardly matters. Today over texting, I had a young woman approach me for counsel and I was able to help her with an issue and provide a couple of solutions and to give her some encouragement and love. It's such a joy to do that. There's a saying out there...'God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called'. I know I am called...He gives my life purpose and in that He shows me love.

3. The taste of food, not just food itself, but it's taste is proof-positive that God loves us. Food is fuel for our bodies, it could have been that we would just mindly ingest it and keep on going, but no, God gave us tastebuds and then flavours that give us pleasure. I shared a lovely meal with my honey tonight, that he made for us and it tasted so divine. Really what other purpose does the taste of food have but to give pleasure to us whom He loves?

I feel His love every day, in a hundred ways...these are just a few of today's joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment