Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 4

Three gifts found while bending down...

When my son was little, he used spend half his days bent over looking at something in front of him, especially if he was outside. I am sure he found a hundred gifts a day that way.

I don't bend down much....umm, things....seem to just get in the way, so I thought I would fail miserably at finding these gifts but I acquitted myself admirably I believe...

I mean, what do you really find when you bend down?


1. I bent over and put on my Toms this morning....listen I do like shoes of different colours and styles, but seriously I LOVE my Toms....I love how they feel on my foot, I like how it feels when I walk in them, the fabric patterns make me squeal with delight. But what I love the most is that five children in the world have shoes they needed because I have bought five pairs of Toms shoes. Now that's a gift.


2. I bent over and took my laundry out of the dryer....and the fresh, brisk, clean air wafting in from the vent mixed with subtle fresh linen fragrance of the fabric softener kept me in that position for a half minute or so, truly appreciating clean, fresh clothing. It's a gift.


3. I bent over and dried my legs when I got out of the shower today...and I noticed specifically the scar from a serious infection I contract a couple of years ago. I had a abcess and they dug it out, and for three weeks pumped me full of antibiotics, IV and oral, until finally some three months later the wound finally, completely healed...I am grateful I still have that leg. If my infection had happened like 15 or 20 years ago, I could have lost my leg. Good, really good health care, is a great gift.


I should bend over more often...

1 comment:

  1. I remember that leg wound, was not a pleasant thing to look at. I am glad too you have the leg!!! D.V.

    ReplyDelete