Monday, February 6, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 6


Three gifts found outside
I was feeling pretty lousy today. I stayed home from work and as a result barely stuck my nose outside at all today....but I could see it and it was a lovely day...

So my three gifts today are all in one lovely moment. There had been a light dusting of snow in the early morning, so everything looked fresh. My son came begging for a ride to the train station and I resisted but gave in....and I was glad I did. I walked out the door to start the car and inhaled that fresh new-fallen snow smell...it's crisp, and it hadn't snowed in a while so there was this musky under-odor...it smelled like spring to me. The sun was so bright and I could actually feel it's warmth, which usually doesn't happen until the end of April at least. Then there was this area of pretty untouched smooth snow, and the sun sparkled diamonds off of it. The moment took barely 30 seconds but it stayed with me all day and made me smile everytime I thought about it.

There must be three gifts in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment