Monday, February 20, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 20

Three gifts, one at breakfast, lunch and dinner...well, I suppose I could look at my life and find gifts that may have happened at any one of these times, but I think if we look hard enough we should be able to find gifts at these times of day, everyday, even on the lousy days...don't you think?

1. I've had a lovely slow day today...it was a holiday...family day. But we had all the kids plus the niece for brunch yesterday, so that marked our celebration. And today I had just a puttering around kind of day today. I made breakfast for my honey today... a nice veggie omelet with cheese. And we shared some companionable silence in the sunshine munching away, him with the paper, me with some writing I was doing. He ate up, smiled at me, thanked me, kissed me and headed out to his garage to fix his $#%^&* truck that was messed up again. But it was a great moment, speaking of a general contentment and a lack of pressing obligation. That is few and far between in our busy days.

2. I had some crackers and tuna at lunch and I was writing some emails, checking FB, and a conversation popped up with a dear young man I'm involved with in ministry. The gift here is that he is leading a mission trip to Spain in the summer with some high school students, and we've been in conversation about whether I should come with them. He was in need of female leaders and while I am leading another trip for youth leaders in August, the timing for this trip worked out well (I don't work July & August)... so he said yes, he'd like to have me along. I got a little shot of pleasure, it felt just right, like the planets aligned. It will be a busy spring, but I LOVE taking young people on these trips and watching how God changes their lives.

3. I had KFC for dinner at 8pm, ugh, I eat it about once a year to remind me why I don't eat it the rest of the year. It always tastes good at the time and then sludges through my system later. I'm watching on DVD a great BBC production of North and South...I am a staunch fan of classic literature and no-one does a better job producing Dickens, Austen, Bronte and in this instance Gaskell to the small screen like BBC. It is just a joy to have the time to sit for four hours (with sludge in my veins) and watch an awesome story on the screen. It's been a lovely day...

I did have a bath today, but I'm still in my jammies....beauty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment