Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 9





Three gifts that were surprises...unexpected grace




Um, I don't like surprises. I like to know what's going on; the good and the bad. I guess I feel more able to cope, to handle situations if I know what is going on. As a result, I am pretty good at ferretting things out and am not really often surprised....but if I think hard enough, maybe I'll think of something that made my eyes pop and my jaw drop...even a little bit.


1. I got some news from my daughter today of a young couple I knew quite well, that are now getting married. It was a lovely surprise because they have struggled with much of their relationship...illness, brokeness, betrayal and now restoration. It was a sweet gift to hear they have overcome much of it after six years and are willing to make a commitment of love to one another. Pretty sweet.


2. I watched the Nature of Things tonight, and was surprised to see in depth coverage of a medical trial for treatment of Multiple Sclerosis in Saskatchewan. It was a surprise because it is a trial which our nephew, severely affected by aggressive MS, has applied to be a part of. I would love another great and lovely surprise to hear on February 24, that he has been chosen for the trial....you could pray for that for him. I will be. It was a gift to hear that the study is getting some good public attention....it means more support for the program and more funding perhaps.


3. I checked my stat today on my blog. I don't usually do that...I just kind of forget that the page is there and just go to my dashboard to see who else is posting. But I checked and I was surprised at the number of viewings my postings for the Joy Dare are getting...into the hundreds! O_o I guess it's kind of nice to know...a sweet little gift...that while I write mostly for me, someone else might think it's for them. Nice.




Maybe I like surprises more than I think I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment