Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Joy Dare - Feb 21



Three gifts white...



1. Fresh snow...Let's get this straight, I do not like snow...at all, except maybe on Christmas Even and only if it's light and fluffy falling in the twilight. (Yes, I'm a romantisist...that means I romanticize things). But there was something lovely and fresh about the snow in the morning. There seems to be a lot of brown around these days, and everything is dry....including my skin and hair and nose. So I appreciated the light layer that freshened everything up and made it all look new. And I appreciated the moisture, even though it may not directly benefit my skin, etc. I know in the long run precipitation was needed by more than me.


2. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my kitchen? It's not completely white but the cupboards are white against grey walls, river stone backsplash and butcher block countertops. It looks pretty, (unless my son has been cooking in it) but it means more to me than that. I love to cook, but not just cook, I like to cook FOR people. For me it's all about making people feeling welcome and comfortable and relaxed. Making a meal they love is a big part of that. I am so grateful for this kitchen and for my dear husband, who put nine months of all his spare time into it and direct to my specifications. It was a labout of his love for me, so I can love on others through it.


3. I got a white envelope in our mail today...well much of our mail is white, but this one envelope has the 'Compassion' insignia in the corner and it always makes me smile even before I open it. It contained letters and pictures from our dear sponser children...two boys in Indonesia and one little girl in Haiti. It's so wonderful to get their notes, see their faces and put up their drawings. And I am grateful we have the resources to do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment